Friday, January 22, 2010

Tramadol Canine Can Canine Urinary Incontinence Be Caused From Rimadyl And Tramadol?

Can canine urinary incontinence be caused from Rimadyl and Tramadol? - tramadol canine

My 7-year-old German shepherd, Max had TPLO surgery three days ago. He is on Rimadyl and Tramadol for pain, plus Cephalexin antibiotics. Today, we have realized that Max is loss of urine, especially during the transition from custody. His appetite has not returned, or I hope that now. Max has been on Rimadyl three weeks before the surgery, no signs of side effects, but now it is Tramadol. Who knows whether this is a common side effect of these drugs for pain. Our veterinary staff from the city and the veterinarian has the operation was very evasive, defensive about my concerns Rimady tramadol and side effects in time. We found horror stories on the internet about these drugs, but nothing about urinary incontinence as a side effect. Has anyone experience with this dog during their pain?

6 comments:

Keep My Soldier Safe♡ said...

Treatment with Tramadol, Rimadyl and cephalexin every day and I've never heard of it, that these drugs cause loss of control over bladder function.
I would wait until she returns to office vet, because he familiar with the case history and recent surgery.
Are you sure it's something that just started? Or call one account, since you more attention than they have led him? It could be a secondary infection, too, but I doubt that drugs are the cause.

Launi Redneck Woman said...

No, they have no side effects of these drugs. I have 2 dogs on Rimadyl and has for many years. Rimadyl can cause liver damage, even after years of use.

Dog had a serious operation, and it was a few days ago. Do not expect your appetite to return to normal so quickly. Give him time, and leakage of urine is only a consequence of the consequences of the operation.

Ask your veterinarian as soon as possible.

And everything in this world horror stories.

SB: Is fed up. said...

My 11 years old pug Rimadyl.
No incontinence was before that.
I talk to your veterinarian.
You may have a second infection from the surgery. Infection of the urinary tract and bladder infections are common after surgery.

angelica f said...

call another vet to ask about the phone, is free

Nikko,Peke and GSD Lvr said...

Not cause pain or disadvantages Rimadyl Tramadol (Ultram) for pain also help leak.The urine cephalexin antibiotic has been doing this type of surgery either.The leg, I wondered if the bladder is empty, as it seems that drugs and that he put pressure on the leg to the bladder to empty, why all she really flies when you drag and pressure on your full bladder.I could continue to give the vet a call tomorrow to see what says. I ask too many questions when my dogs are sick and perhaps just a long day .. You paid for the surgery is now their job to answer all your questions.

Nikko,Peke and GSD Lvr said...

Not cause pain or disadvantages Rimadyl Tramadol (Ultram) for pain also help leak.The urine cephalexin antibiotic has been doing this type of surgery either.The leg, I wondered if the bladder is empty, as it seems that drugs and that he put pressure on the leg to the bladder to empty, why all she really flies when you drag and pressure on your full bladder.I could continue to give the vet a call tomorrow to see what says. I ask too many questions when my dogs are sick and perhaps just a long day .. You paid for the surgery is now their job to answer all your questions.

Post a Comment